Monday, June 18, 2007

Hey, Clay Aiken! Does This Fan Make You Proud?


65. quickdrawmcgraw - June 18, 2007
I’m a member of Chexxxy’s. But I’m not in lockstep with everything that goes on there, so to say everyone there thinks or acts the same way is simply untrue. I go there to be able to read jp’s blog without giving him any hits. Some think that’s pretty stupid, but I have my own reasons for doing so.
As far as the “attack” on the OFC, it didn’t happen the way people are saying. It started with people objecting to the mods posting an article from an unverified source, which is against the TOU there. That was what I objected to. Word spread around the fandom, and many people jumped into the thread to object, but others jumped in because of long-standing beefs with the way the OFC has been moderated and run. To say all the posters in the thread were from Chexxxy’s is totally incorrect.
As far as the ‘wall of shame’, I go back and forth on that topic. There are some people in the fandom who honestly deserve to be vilified, because their actions have caused Clay harm. But there aren’t very many who fit that bill. Mostly, I’m uneasy about posting people’s pictures and other information.
I’m a member of other boards where I don’t agree with some of the stuff that goes on as well. Not everyone agrees about everything all the time. Not on Chexxxy’s, not on Clackhouse, not here
.



Since we are aware that Clay Aiken reads this blog, I decided to feature the above comment as a blog post so that Clay will be sure to see it.

Clay, there is an element within your fanbase that stalks, threatens, harasses and attempts to "vilify" anyone that they deem deserving.

They have done it with mods at your OFC and they do it to anyone that dares to disagree with them or their methods.

Peoples pictures, names, addresses, family information including children, places of employment and other information has been sought out and gathered and disseminated by this element.

How do you feel about this? Are you proud of the people who do these things?

Don't you think you should do or say SOMETHING about this?